Aerial view of people queuing for the Kovit-19 nucleic acid test on February 26, 2022 in Dongguan, Guangdong Province.
Vcg | Visual China Team | Getty Images
BEIJING – China’s worst Govt-19 eruption has ordered a major industrial city to stop production since the initial wave of the epidemic worsened on Tuesday.
The latest eruptions in 28 provinces have affected more than 15,000 people and are primarily caused by the highly contagious Omigran variant, China’s National Health Commission said on Tuesday. According to state media. There are 31 provincial level areas in China.
Although the northern province of Jill is responsible for most of the cases, the latest eruption has hit Major cities such as Shanghai Financial Center and technology manufacturing hub Shenzhen.
Tuesday, Dongguan city In the southern province of Guangdong it ordered business employees to work from home and allowed only necessary activities such as locking up residential areas, purchasing groceries and conducting virus tests.
The city took a targeted approach to production stops. In industrial parks where cases have not been reported, businesses can maintain basic production under strict virus control measures. Factory workers often live in dormitories close to their workplace.
In areas where local lawsuits are reported, businesses should stop production, the announcement said. These measures came into effect from noon on March 15 and will last for a week until the end of March 21.
According to the latest official data accessed by air information, by 2020 Guangdong Province will produce 24% of China’s exports. The database shows that cities of its size were the fifth largest contributor to China’s 1.09 trillion yuan ($ 170.31 billion) GDP last year.
Tongguan on Monday recorded nine confirmed Govt cases and 46 asymptomatic cases. At a technology center near Shenzhen in Guangdong province, 60 new cases, including asymptomatic, have been reported.
The total number of local cases in mainland China on Monday included 3,507 new confirmed govt cases and 1,647 asymptomatic, mostly in the northern province of Jilin. It was twice as much as the day before.
China is set to see a severe recession in March, dealing with the worst Govt explosion since 2020.
China’s chief economist, Macquarie
On Tuesday, China’s statistical spokesman underestimated the impact of Govt-related restrictions on economic activity. Better data than expected in January and February.
China’s zero Govt policy – economists say it will control explosions using travel restrictions and locks from neighboring countries. Affects consumer spending more than production.
But the latest wave of cases is more than the pockets of explosions that China has handled since the peak of the initial epidemic in early 2020.
KFC, Pizza Hut sales fall
Fast food chain Yum China says sales have been hit by the explosions.
“Our activities have been significantly affected by the recent eruptions and tight public health measures, resulting in further reduction in social activities, travel and consumption.” Yum ChinaIt operates Pizza Hut and KFC in the country, Announced Monday.
In the first two weeks of March, single store sales fell 20% year-on-year and were “still declining,” the company said. The number of its stores has been temporarily closed or more than doubled, offering only takeaway and delivery, Yum China said. There were more than 500 such stores in January, but as of Sunday there were more than 1,100 such stores.
Yum China’s same store sales fell by about 40% to 50% Kovit first attacked China during the lunar New Year holiday in 2020 a year ago.
“China is set to see a severe recession in March as it deals with the worst Govt explosion since 2020,” Larry Hu, Macquarie’s chief economist, said in a statement on Tuesday. “At the moment, policymakers are clearly putting the COVID on hold. Zero before growth. “
“Lifelong social media lover. Falls down a lot. Creator. Devoted food aficionado. Explorer. Typical troublemaker.”